On February 2016, 24-26 IMBALANCE-P group will celebrate the second annual meeting in Vienna
February 24-26, 2015
IIASA, Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
The agenda of the meeting can be downloaded here.
Information for presenters
Each participant (or group of participants) is expected to give a short oral presentation (15 minutes) of his/her own main questions/hypothesis to answer/test and the research planned to answer/test them. Five minutes for questions from the audience will be allowed after each presentation. The aim is that we know each other better and we continue feeding the “synergistic” collaboration among all tasks in IMBALANCE-P.
We would appreciate if all speakers check in with the moderators and upload the presentation in the session room 15 minutes prior to the start of the session (not the start of your talk). Please, save your presentations on a USB hard drive (Pocket Drive) or a USB flash drive.
Name badges will be available for all participants at the registration desk.
Refreshment and social events
We will have some coffe breaks during the day and lunch will be served every day at around 12:30h.
An informal dinner will take place on Thursday 25th February 2016, 19:00: The dinner will be held in the Ristorante Gallo Rosso, just five minutes from IIASA and it will be hoseted by IIASA.
From the Vienna Airport to your hotel we recommend 3 options
There are signs to the CAT train in the airport arrivals hall, (http://www.cityairporttrain.com/Infos/Fahrplan.aspx) which takes 16 minutes to Wien Mitte Station and costs 17 EUR roundtrip, 11 one way.
- The CAT will take you to the Wien Mitte station in Vienna from which you can either:
– Take a taxi that costs ca. 10 EUR to your hotel (to Prinz Eugen) – 5 minutes, or
– Take the U4 (green line) at Wien Mitte station changing at Karlsplatz to the U1 (red line) 2 stops and get off at Hauptbahnhof. The Hotel Prinz Eugen is 50 meters from the station. See map.
– Take the U3 (orange line) at the Wien Mitte two stops exiting at Stephansplatz and walk 5 minutes to hotel – see Hotel Wandl map.
- There is also an InterCity (IC) or railjet train from Vienna airport (Flughafen Wien) with a direct connection to Vienna Central Station (Wien Hbf) which takes 18 min and departs every 30 minutes, there are signs showing the way to the trains in the arrivals hall. The price is 4.40 EUR one way, red ticket machines can be found on the platforms.- Check the link to search for travel times from “Flughafen Wien” to “Wien Hbf”.
In the link note that the IC/Railjet trains depart every 30 mins at 7:03, 7:33, 8:03, 8:33….., last train, 23:03 and are the ones with 0 changes.
- Or take a taxi from Vienna airport to your hotel which costs between 45-50 EUR. This takes about 25-30 minutes depending on traffic.
Participants should take the bus from Vienna to IIASA in Laxenburg
Every day of the workshop (Wednesday-Friday) we have specially organized a 2nd public bus – that will depart at 08:10 a.m. from the Hauptbahnhof bus stop. Someone from IIASA will meet you at the hotel lobby on Wednesday morning at 07:50 a.m. to guide you to the bus stop on the first day. You will not have to pay to ride this bus as it will be paid by IIASA.
The final program can be accessed through the following link: