Josep Peñuelas, was interviewed on January 13th at 9tv, in “7 dies” program. You will find the interview here:
On the 28th of June, the four PIs of Imbalance-P gathered together for the final meeting of the 2016-2017 course. The discussed subjects were:
– The 2016-17 field campaigns
– Integration of Earth System Models and Integrated Assessment Models
– The need to work on the proof of concept of our hypothesis.
– The possibility of engaging into citizen science.
– Discussion on the economics of the P market
– Preparation of the 4rth annual Imbalance-P meeting in Antwerp
– Preparing our teams for the next financial report, at the end of September
– Preparation of the following campaigns from August to October in Guyana (Nourages, Paracou and Guyafor transect) and Iceland.
– The link between biodiversity and nutrients and how land use affects biodiversity
– Possibilities of new complementary funding
More news soon!
Prof Penuelas will participate as speaker in the celebration that will take place next day May 29 in Barcelona.
From the 1st to the 3rd of February, we met in Pierre et Marie Curie University, in Paris, to gather together, share results and advance phosphorus-related science!
You can download our presentations here!
Three days of intense collaboration among the different imbalance-P groups, left us some pictures that we want to share with you.
See you all during the 4th Annual Meeting!
The ERC Synergy Imbalance-P project has been running for two years already. A lot of work has been done and some other still needs to be carried out. It is, therefore, time for us to meet again in a confortable city such as Paris.
The format will be similar to last time, researchers will present some of their work/results/projects within the Imbalance-P in short talks of about 15 minutes allowing participants to ask some questions. It is also planned to have time to allow researchers to discuss within the different working groups (experimental, synthesis, modelling…) and among them.
The main aims of the Paris meeting are to:
- Present and discuss past, present and future work within the Imbalance-P project.
- Share and discuss the results obtained by the different groups.
- Develop synergies amongst groups and researchers by increasing collaboration through sharing thoughts, ideas, objectives, experiments, observations and data.
- Create a venue where co-authors of different manuscripts can get together to forward their writing and possibilities for such activities to be initiated.
Scientific contact: Philippe Ciais (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Administrative Contact: Zoila Lopez (email@example.com)
The program of the meeting is available here.
On the occasion of the Ramón Margalef’s Prize to Josep Peñuelas, the Faculty of Biology and the University of Barcelona organise a scientific forum, next Monday, November 7 (at the Aula Magna in the Biology Faculty of the UB, at 10:00h).
Professor Josep Peñuelas has been appointed by the Estonian University of Life Sciences as Doctor Honoris causa, in base to his outstanding merits. The ceremony was held the 23th September, at the Estonian University of Life Sciences.
The honorary doctorate recognized him as scientist in the field of global ecology who has contributed considerably to promoting international co-operation at Eesti Maaülikool.
Honorary doctorate is the highest recognition by the university rewarded for exceptional service to the University.
Pictures of the ceremony
Video of the ceremony:
For the 125th anniversary congress of IUFRO (Freiburg, September 2017), Stephan Pietsch (IIASSA) has organised, together with Plinio Sist (IRAD) and Robert Nasi (CIFOR), as session entitled: “Progress in tropical forest management: Assuring sustainability, avoiding degradation and assisting restoration”.
Here we attach the full description of sessions under theme 4. The call will be opened until the end of november.